Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

To do list

There is always room to be more crafty. And to put those crafts to use.
I personally enjoy giving my handmade creations as gifts, but I also really like making useful items for around my home.
I keep meaning to buy a plant hanger for my angel wing (see second plant), but have not gotten around to it in over a year. Instead, I am going to crochet one from this pattern that was shared on Craftster by user swtater123.
As well, I have a box under my kitchen sink that holds all of my plastic bags from various purchases awaiting reuse. It is large and takes up a lot of room. So it's time to do something about that as well. I keep meaning to sew up a good old fashioned plastic bag holder like Mom used to make, but my sewing machine is on the fritz. I found this pattern online, so will crochet up one of these as well.
I also have a lamp that I outgrew. It still works well, but the shade is less than savory, so I built a new one from string and Mod Podge (before and after pics)...



Sadly, that one melted from the heat of the light bulb, and I have not made a new one since. I saw these awesome tealight covers somewhere in my browsing of internets, and was inspired. I am going to make a lampshade similar to this one.

Add to this list many other "to do's" and those that do not craft will understand why those of us that do are always busy!

No comments: