Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Whirl Away Dress

About 7 or so years ago, I bought myself some nice red and white gingham fabric that had a slight stretch to it. ("Shut up, Mom! It's not a tablecloth!")
I held it a few years looking for the right pattern, then on Craftster I saw the 'Whirl Away Dress' for the first time. And fell in love. I knew that was the dress that my fabric was destined for.
Try as I might, I couldn't get my hands on the pattern in stores, though.
I eventually turned to eBay and managed to find one for a reasonable price (about $5, I think?)
I bought that sucker all excited.... A year ago...

Last week, I finally sat down with all my fabric, my bias tape, buttons, snaps, thread and my awesome boyfriend's trusty Pfaff machine.

So, here is my version of a classic:


So, what do you think?

No comments: