Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

On Another Note...

I neglected to mention my other projects.
I have put more time into my Rainbow Patchwork Skirt, bringing the grand total up to 65.5hrs and nearly completed. I am not at all happy with the waistband, so I will be re doing that, I think.

Rainbow Patchwork Skirt

Using 4"x4" squares, construct a 10-tier skirt with 1.5x increases, using the following colour scheme:

Colour # Squares Progress
  • White 13 squares cut, sewn together, serged, attached
  • White 20 squares cut, sewn together, serged, ruffled, attached
  • Orange 30 squares cut, sewn together, serged, rufffled, attached
  • Yellow 45 squares cut, sewn together, serged, ruffled, attached
  • Green 68 squares cut, sewn together, serged, ruffled, attached
  • Teal 102 squares cut, sewn together, serged, ruffled, attached
  • Blue 153 squares cut, sewn together, serged, ruffled, attached
  • Purple 230 squares cut, sewn together, serged, ruffled, attached
  • Red 345 squares cut, sewn together, serged, ruffled, attached
  • Pink 690 squares cut, sewn together, serged, ruffled, attached, rolled hem completed
  • Waistband cut, sewn, attached, serged, elastic inserted

*Total sewing time: ~8.5hrs*
*Total serging time: ~3.5hrs*
**Total time invested: ~65.5hrs**

I have also been working on the custom starghan for Rebekah, my good friend, & winner of the "In Loving Memory of Scarlette Adora" auction that was held a while back. I have one row to complete, then finish the trim & I can ship it out. Hopefully next week.

And it looks like my project list isn't going to get any shorter any time soon. A couple pre-orders in for Halloween already, a Christmas afghan to make, a couple little girls dresses to be sewn. I also have to conjure up some gifts for friends & family for Christmas.

Get your orders in soon for winter, or I simply won't have time to make them all!

No comments: