Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Or rather, something special. I got my hands on a vintage Viking 564 in working condition! My birthday present from my Nana & Grandad. They always give me money, so I buy whatever it is that I want - I've always been asked to use gift money for gifts, not necessities, so I wanted a sewing machine that worked. And I found one for a steal...
I will eventually take pictures, but I wanted to test drive it ASAP since I only have 7 days to return it if it doesn't work. Before I take on any major projects with it, I will take it in for a service & cleaning just to ensure everything is in tip-top shape, of course.
So instead of sleeping last night, after I put DS to bed, I tested. And tested. And tested some more until the next thing I knew the sun was rising.

I have to put some buttons on by hand, but I know how to use every function of that machine, including the decorative cams now. And I got to practice shirring (which I have wanted to do, but was unable with wonky equipment)

I will take some pictures later, but if all goes well, I will be showcasing this beauty tomorrow at my new job! Of course, I don't know yet if it's my job yet, but I have faith in me. In the meantime, here's a link to the only place I could find any information or pictures about this relic.

No comments: